PHASE I - ORGANIZING
- The Community Market, Inc. was incorporated and our Bylaws were written.
- Owner drive began following Food Co-op Initiative’s development model with founding ownerships offered at an introductory rate of $100 per household.
- The Community Market was awarded a SEED Grant through Food Co-op Initiative that provided funds for consulting fees through CDS Consulting Co-op, a cooperative of consults specifically for helping cooperative business startups.
- First Annual Meeting was held.
- Membership reaches 300 Owners!
- Owner fee increased to $150 per household.
PHASE II - FEASIBILITY & PLANNING
- Market Feasibility Study confirms that timing and location (Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs area) will sustain a natural foods/food co-op retail store.
- Board of Directors votes to approve name change from Fuquay-Varina Community Market to The Community Market to better encompass local consumer market area.
- Logo updated to reflect new name.
- 2nd Annual Meeting held
- Ownership continues to grow at a slower, but steady, pace
- Board of Directors votes to approve hire of an Outreach Coordinator to further grow membership base and allow for Board focus on Phase 2 tasks.
- The Community Market Board of Directors plans and attends working business retreat with Ben Sandel, our consultant with CDS Consulting Co-op.
- 1st Owners’ Dish event is held to give owners an opportunity to voice their opinion on how best to grow ownership base.
- Ownership reaches 360+ owners and continues a steady growth.
- The Community Market celebrates National Co-op Month in October by hosting tours at Chatham Marketplace, The Plant and several producer-owner farms.
- “31 Facts in 31 Days” marketing campaign shared across social media sites in conjunction with Co-op Month.
- Twitter & Pinterest accounts officially launch.
- The co-op released it’s refreshed identity with a new logo design, tagline “Shop, Support, Sustain” and motto “Opt for the Co-op”.
- T.A.G. Team (Taking Action Groups Team) is launched to encourage ownership involvement and recruit committee leadership.
- First T.A.G. Team meetings are held with great success.
- 3rd Annual Meeting is hosted at The Mill.
- Membership base reaches 400+ owners and continues steady growth as awareness of the co-op increases.
- Hundred Owner Harvest micro-campaign sets goal of increasing membership base by 100 new owners.
PHASE III - IMPLEMENTATION
- Board retreat in February with CDS Consulting
- Board members attended Co-op Cafe and Co-op 101 with CDS Consulting
- Next goal of 500 owners is reached!
- Explored 4 potential site locations, bringing total number of evaluated sites to 21.
- 4th Annual Meeting hosted at Fainting Goat Brewery.
- Board Retreat hosted in February with our consultant Ben Sandel from CDS Consulting.
- Board members attended Co-op Cafe and Co-op 101 in Durham, NC w/CDS Consulting.
- 5th Annual meeting hosted at Fainting Goat Brewery.
- Continue to explore all possible commercial real estate opportunities and watch closely Town of Fuquay-Varina development projects on the horizon.
Become an Owner Today!
Are you ready to invest in a grocery store you can call your own? Together we can do this.