Owner's Dish…More Delicious Recipes!
One of the recipes from the Owners Dish event (that was held in September) was featured in our first “In the Limelight” column – Joes Wing ZZZingers by Joe Phan. If you missed that one, you can find it here.
Today we are bringing you two additional recipes that our Owners shared at the event. The first one is a simple yet elegant appetizer from the Gainey Family. And, the second one is a “melt-in-your mouth” cookie recipe from the Kish household. Enjoy!!
Bacon Wrapped Dates
Submitted by: Gainey Family
• 8 bacon slices, cut in half
• 16 large Medjool dates, pitted
• 16 whole almonds
• toothpicks (optional)
• Preheat oven to 375 F
• Open up dates gently with a knife.
• Stuff each date with an almond, and wrap with half of a bacon slice. Secure with a toothpick if necessary.
• Place on a shallow baking sheet and bake, bacon seam down, for about 7 minutes.
• Flip and bake for another 7 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
• Serve warm or cold, and store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Fresh Blackberry Cookies
adapted from Blackberry Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke
Submitted by: Kish Family
1 cup blackberries
1 cup white sugar
½ cup soft salted butter (1 stick)
1 ½ tsp. grated lemon zest
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 large egg
2 cups all purpose flour
¼ cup milk
Preheat over to 375 degrees.
Rinse and thoroughly dry berries. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with a little cooking spray. Beat sugar and butter till fluffy. Add baking powder, salt, lemon zest and mix. Add in the egg and mix until completely incorporated. Add 1 cup of flour and mix well. Add ¼ cup milk and mix well. Then add remainder of flour and mix thoroughly. Fold berries into dough with rubber spatula being careful not to crush them. Drop a teaspoon of cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets.
Using the middle oven rack, bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until light brown/golden in color. Allow to cool and store in air-tight container. Approx. 3-4 dozen cookies.
Leave a Comment