We made some exciting progress this past year, and it would not have been possible without the support of our community. A few things of which we are most proud:
- We gained 51 new co-op owners and exceeded our goal of 500 owners!
- Our Board Chair and Co-chair explored 4 possible site locations and attended several meetings with property owners and realtors.
- We hosted 13 community outreach events to share the co-op concept and our vision for The Community Market.
- We held our 4th Annual Meeting for our owners in June at Fainting Goat Brewery.
- Elections were held and 2 new board members began serving three year terms on July 1st.
- Members of our board volunteered at FVDA’s BBQ, Blues & Brews event.
- Our “50 to 500” marketing campaign brought in 47 new owners through 9 “Meet the Co-op” events.
- Several Board Members and Owners attended multiple Town of Fuquay-Varina planning sessions to remain informed and keep the food co-op visible to the Town’s ongoing development plans.