Join our Board of Directors
We are always looking for engaged, dedicated volunteers to serve on our board. The regular session of the full Board meets on the third Thursday of every month. Special sessions and subcommittee meetings are held on an as needed basis. Any owner in good standing is eligible to serve on our Executive Board.
Application Process and Board Election Timeline
The goal of the Nominations Committee is to find multiple candidates to present to The Community Market Board. The Board will evaluate all candidates and create a final slate of nominees for the official ballot. The co-op membership will vote to fill the open Board seats in elections that will be held in September 2022. Applications to serve on the board are due by 11:59 PM ET, August 7, 2022. If you are interested, consider attending one of monthly board meetings.
Step 1 - Learn more about the Board and its system of governance.
This section is designed to provide you with basic information regarding the Board’s work. You may contact any of the current Board members listed on The Community Market website if you have any questions. Learning more about The Community Market Board will help you decide what level of commitment is necessary and whether this will be a productive and rewarding experience for you.
- Information on The Community Market is available by reviewing our website.
You can also get more information about cooperatives and Boards through these websites:
Step 2 - Complete and submit the application and nomination form.
We need to know more about you and your skills, and how they enhance your ability to be an effective director. The deadline for submitting an application is 11:59 PM ET, August 7, 2022. We will review your application and forward it to The Community Market Board of Directors. The Candidate Statement that you submit as part of your Application Form will appear on the election ballot that is distributed to all members.
- Review our Code of Conduct.
- You will be asked to acknowledge that you have read and agree to abide by the Code of Conduct when you submit your application.
- Download and complete a copy of the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form template.
- Must be completed by all applicants
- You will be asked to upload a scanned copy - or picture - of your completed form when you submit the Application Form.
- Complete the Application Form.
- The short application asks you to provide a brief Candidate Statement. In the event you want to craft your answer in advance for a quick cut & paste, here is how it appears on the application:
- Please respond to the following questions in the form of a brief candidate statement.
- Current employment
- Previous Board experience
- What Events and Activities for The Community Market have you attended? Volunteered for?
- What skills would you bring to the Board of Directors of The Community Market? (include training, education, and/or experience that qualifies you to sit on the Board)
- Why would you like to serve on The Community Market Board
- What is your vision for The Community Market 5 years from now? What role would you play to achieve that vision?
We look forward to hearing from you! If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.